Sunday, September 23, 2012

Mixed Messages.

  The news media,  seems to make a real big deal on what a given poll may mean . One poll may show one candidate a head nationally  while another shows a particular candidate a head in a given state I will admit it's hard to know which poll is right and what to believe.I must confess that some of the information the polls provide is some what con fusing here is what I mean Obama, has about a fifty percent job approval rating but forty eight  percent of the country is thinks the country is on the wrong track and I wonder does that mean that there are 2 percent of the American people, who are not sure which track this country is on? I don;t think that question is one that anyone would be unsure about. Forty seven million people are on food stamps and the government is encouraging more people to enroll in the program despite the fact the US is bankrupt That certainly doesn't sound like America,  is on the right track or heading in the right direction to me.
  Considering all this information I ask my self, why is this election race, so close? The answer is simple since their are more people who aren't working compared to the number who are more than half the country is depending on the government some, are retired of course and living on their earned Social Security benefits but there are others who more than likely could work if they really wanted to and would take any job they could get. The real truth may just be that more people living in America today,  prefer to let the government provide for them. Someone told me recently they didn't care what was gong on with the country right now just as long as they kept  getting their check each month.What really troubles me is the thought that there may be a lot of people living in America to day who really don't care that the country is broke and they won't start to care until their check stops coming in the mail or being directly deposited in their bank and by that time it will be too late to care. As always, my friends, these thoughts remain just some words to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment