Tuesday, November 1, 2011

We All Have Our Crosses To Bear

  I keep running across this story in the news,  and frankly, it's beginning to get on my nerves. The story first appeared on Fox's Fox and Friends, program. Apparently, their is a professor named John Banzhaf,  who teaches at George Washington University. The school is a cross town rival of sorts, to Washington D C 's Catholic University Of America. The way I understand this story, Professor Banzhaf,  decided, to file a law suit against the Catholic University of America on behalf of the Muslims who attend there. Apparently, professor Banzhof, feels,  that the Muslims civil rights are being violated because, the Muslims who attend the Catholic school there, have no separate room of their own to pray in. Professor Banzhaf, feels that the Muslims are prohibited to pray because their are just too many crosses all around the Catholic school,  imagine that!
  The first thing I have to conclude is , apparently, professor Banzhaf, must, have nothing better to do. I have to ask myself, why would a professor who teaches at a totally different school, take it upon himself to file a law suit against a rival school in the first place? This law suit it turns out,  is the second,  of two law suits filled against the Catholic University of America. One year earlier, professor Banzhaf, filed a suit against this school because they  would not allow coed dorms. I don't know, and I could not say this,  for a fact, but I suspect,  the good professor lost that first lawsuit. Since, the Catholic University of America is a private school, as I understand it, I could be wrong but, I think,  they are free to set their own rules. Now, it seems, that Professor Banzhaf, is back,  with this second lawsuit. Professor Banzhaf, feels, that the Catholic school should lose their government funding if they  refuses to give the Muslims who attend there,  their  own separate  and private place to pray with no crosses anywhere,  in sight.
  Okay, first, give me a break! HELLO! it's a CATHOLIC SCHOOL, I think the Muslims would have a reasonable, expectation, to find crosses, at a Catholic University. Secondly the officials at  the Catholic University of America say,  they  have never had even one complaint, from a single Muslim student who attends there, Furthermore, the number of Muslim students who attend there,  has doubled in the last four years. This whole situation seems, pretty simple to me, If, your a Muslim, and you choose of your own free will,  to attend a Catholic, school then, I suppose, the Muslims,  will have to pray away from the crosses,  or put up with them, after all, there is no law saying they have to attend that particular school. A Muslim, just like any other student, has to realize, if your going to attend a Catholic school then you must take up your cross, and bare it. as always, my friends, these thoughts remain, jut, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment