Saturday, November 12, 2011

Penn State a scandal Beyond Tragic

  The scandal that surrounds Penn State,is such a disgusting tragedy, I can barely find the words to describe it. I will admit, that I am not a huge football fan in general, but I did enjoy, attending  football games in my college days.Now, I don't know if I will ever think of college football,  the same way again. I am sad, for coach Joe Paterno it is a terrible way to end a legendary coaching career.I can only imagine how devasted,  he must feel. I know many of the students are very upset because coach Patero,  was fired. I have to say however,  he did it to himself, and the students have to realize what happened here.
  This scandal has been going on for more than ten years, Joe Paterno, may have reported it to members of his staff, but he should have followed up on it. He had a moral responsibility, to see to it,  that this situation was delt with if coach Patero,  would have made it a point to investigate this tragic situation,  when it was first brought to his attention, the lives of at least eight boys, might not have been  all but emotionally, destroyed. The fact,  that Mike Mcqueary,  witnessed a sexual assult on one of the boys by Jerry Sandusky, but only reported  it to other members of the staff assuming, they would report it to the proper authorities I have to ask,  has anybody ever heard of personal responsibility here?
 What the students need to realize is the everlasting  damage,  that has been done to at least,  eight boys, and one has to wonder how many do we not even know about yet?  What about the parents? do you really think their lives will ever be the same again? Let's face it,  the reputation of  Penn State, as a University is now tainted,  and it may take years to recover. Think about it,  as a parent,  would you ever send your young boy,  to Pen State's summer football camp? I have to say, I wouldn't The students need to realize foot ball is still,  for all it's hype,  just a game, . and no amout of fame,  or glory,  or money will ever repair the permanant psychological damage that has been done to at least eight innocent boys,  even though some of those boys,  may be men now, I can assure you,  their lives will never be the same again and the memory of this tragedy,  will stay with them now, and forever. As always, my friends, these thoughts remain just some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment