Saturday, November 26, 2011

That's My Kind Of Job!

  Well Christmas is well on the way, the stores are all buzzing with crazy people trying to get those special deals you can only get if you camp out in some department store parking lot at least two days before anyone else gets there. Once your inside, if  you can get your special priced electronic toy without getting trampled to death or if  you don't trample someone yourself,  I guess you can survive and make it through Christmas. I must say however, Christmas must be a terrible time to be out of work unless you got laid off from the recently bankrupt solar company called Solyndra. Did you hear the great news? Well let me tell you! it seems that our government has once again,  asked American taxpayers to step up and in the spirit of giving, I guess, pony up something called a Trade Adjustment Assistance package for the 1100 workers at Solyndra. What it amounts to is 14.3 million dollars. That means that every person who got laid of at Solyndra will receive 13000 dollars a piece, all courtesy, of  the  American taxpayer.I guess the former employees at Solyndra are going to have themselves, a Merry little Christmas. The government seems to feel, that the laid off workers need this money for their personal expenses and new job training.
  Let me, get this straight.first, the government ask the American taxpayers, to guarantee a loan from the government for 535 million dollars. The Solyndra solar  company  then fails  in their attempt to compete with China because China is able to produce solar panels faster and cheaper than Solynda can. The company then goes bankrupt. The American taxpayer then,  is asked to give each one  of the former Solyndra employees 13000 dollars a piece for their personal expenses, and new job training. Wow! that's my kind of job!  I have to ask all of the American tax payers however, aren't you glad not every laid off person in America, has a job like that? I suppose it's a good thing they don't  at least, not yet! As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment