Saturday, November 19, 2011

Waiting For A Perfect Person In Politics? Enjoy Your Wait.

  Like many of you, I am listening, to all the political debates I can, and trying to catch every soundbite to see if I can learn anything new about each candidate who is running for the Republican nomination for President. I have noticed something lately,  in the area of politics that deeply concerns me. There seems to be,  this notion in politics that suggest, that if  one  can't find a perfect candidate, then perhaps one should not,  vote for anyone. To those of you,  who may feel that way, I would submit to you, if your waiting to find a perfect candidate to vote for in the world of politics today, I would have to say to you,  enjoy your wait! I don't think you'll be voting for anyone,  anywhere, anytime soon.
  To me, it is a wonder that anyone,  would even want to enter,  the political arena. Why would I say that you ask?  Here's why, the moment,  that someone announces, that they are running for something, those, who would run against that person, will stop at nothing to dig up dirt on that  person, and use it  against them. So, if  you enter politics,  know this, everything you ever said , did,  or in some cases, even thought, practically,  from the moment you drew your first breath will be gone over with a fine tooth comb and if  there is any area of your life where you may have missed the mark so to speak, that weakness or that mistake, will be exposed and used against you.
  Look, being a person of good character, with a good name, and an honest reputation, is to be both desired and commended in politics or in any, area for that matter. I would suggest to you however, that being a person of good character, doesn't necessarily mean you've never done a bad or at least, an   unwise thing,  in your life. As you  consider some ones character don't ask has this person led a perfect life? The question should be, has this person learned from  their  mistakes,  and made the changes necessary to earn your trust. I would  submit to you if you feel the answer to that question is yes than give the candidate running the benefit of being a good person who has learned from their mistakes and go a head and vote for them. After all, let him without sin,  cast the first stone. As always my friends these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment