Thursday, June 21, 2012

Where Has All The Honor Gone?

  My daughter, is an honor student,The Christian school that I am blessed to be able to send her to, defines an honor student as  one who excels in all areas of academic learning as well as one who demonstrates a high quality of character in daily conduct. As important as performing well in academics may be, I think the second part of this particular definition is more important. Show me a child's grades and I'll show you what kind of student they are. Show me a students character by their daily conduct and I'll show you most likely, what kind of person they will become.
  Honor,  carries with it the idea,of  the desire and obligation to live by a certain set of principals and beliefs and demonstrate these principals and beliefs both in word and deed.Honor also carries with it the desire to treat  others fairly with dignity and respect. When others,  see that you treat them fairly with dignity and respect you will find that you are considered to be a person who conducts themselves with honor.Isn't that really what is meant by do unto others as you would have them do unto you and love thy neighbor as thy self is all about?
  I consider our President, he talks a lot about treating  everyone fairly, if he is truly believes in this basic principal then I wonder if he and Attorney General Holder, will demonstrate their belief in doing that which is fair by releasing the documents Congress, has been asking for now for the past eighteen months regarding operation Fast and Furious. Brian Terry,  died with honor in the performance of his duty. Now the question is will President Obama, and Attorney General Holder,  demonstrate that they too  are men of honor in the performance of their duties? The Terry family,  deserves nothing less than the governments full cooperation and the full disclosure of the truth regarding operation Fast and Furious. I have often heard Attorney General Holder and President Obama's words concerning operation Fast and Furious,  but it is there deeds that will tell me if they are men of honor. I along with the Terry Family, and the rest of the American,  people are waiting to know the answer to this question, As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment