Sunday, June 3, 2012

Remember, The Words Of The Master.

  When your born with a handicap for some reason, some people assume that if your slow in the way you move in my case I walk slowly with bent legs with the aid of a cane that you must be intellectually slow as well. Personally speaking, I think that people who automatically make such an assumption based only  on how a person looks or moves or some other physical characteristic are they themselves intellectually challenged. I recently experienced this treatment again and though it hurt because I do grew weary at times from always having to prove that I have an intellectual right to exist I was particularly hurt because this person claims to be a fellow Christian.
  My first,  impulse was to stand up for my self and prove my intellect to this person but as I pondered doing just that I remembered the words of Jesus,  in John 15 : 20. He said  basically, that no servant is greater than his master and as the world hated him so they would hate those who follow him. I then realized that I had only had my ego bruised but Jesus, was beaten spat upon and crucified on a Roman cross for me to give his life for my salvation. I then remembered that it does not mater what some may think of me or how they may perceive me all that matters is what Jesus thinks of me and he died for me and if he love me enough to do that I know I can trust him to deal with the false perceptions of other people. All I ever need to do when I face situations like this one is simply, remember the words of the master. As always my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment