Saturday, June 23, 2012

Keeping The Faith.

  I have often heard the phase keep the faith. Usually, when one says, keep the faith what they mean is keep believing in a cause or a goal to this phase is used to express an unwavering  determination to never give up believing that what ever is being  strived  for will be accomplished. These words are familiar to Christians as well. II Timothy 4:7 Paul says " I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course I have kept the faith." When Paul,  wrote these words he was in prison in Rome and he was waiting for the day of his execution that had been ordered by Cesar. As I pondered these words I wondered, what was the faith that Paul kept and eventually died for? The faith that Paul kept  was his belief that Jesus, was the Christ the Son of God, whose perfect life without sin made him the perfect sacrifice for the remission of sin and the redemption of man kind. Yes,  this is what Paul had experienced on the road to Damascus. This is what Paul,  believed and preached to others. Paul kept the faith and he and the others leaders in the early church spread the Gospel of Christ to all of the known world at that time.
  I then turned my thoughts to this nation, America, was founded on faith.The Bible,  was the first school book. I remember seeing these words said by a teacher to young children learning the alphabet "A is for Adam, by Adam's fall, we sinned all." the Ten Commandments,  still hang in our nation's Supreme Court, and are the foundation of our nations laws, I then wondered , has America, kept the faith?
  According to Bill O' Reilly,  on the FOX program the O' Reilly Factor 31 percent of the people who are under thirty are not even sure there is a God. This is not that surprising when one considers the fact that the liberal progressive movement in this country has been gaining strength in this country over the last forty years. Think about it, You can't pray in school you can't even mention God,  on school property. Many of today's children only hear God's name when it is taken in vain in many of the TV programs they watch or  in much of the music they listen to. out side of a cuss  word, many kids today don't know who God,  is or who Jesus Christ,  is and many of or nation's youth don't even care! I fear there has been a steady deterioration  of the faith in America, .and I have to say some of the fault lies with too many  Christians, in the name of tolerance have remained too silent for too long I hope and pray it's not too late to change this condition in our nation
  I found these words in a sermon describing how faith can fade from one generation to another over time and I must say they certainly apply to America today see if you agree. To our forefathers faith, was an experience. To our fathers faith, was an inheritance. To many of us today faith, is a convenience. To our children faith is a nuisance. I fear many have no faith in God  at all how can we expect the next generation to keep the faith when many of today's youth have no concept of what in God,  is? I pray Christians,  will speak up and let the light of the Gospel of Christ,  shine and Christians,  had better speak up  soon! I believe the future of America,  as a nation is at stake. You know many in this nation often sing or close a speech with God,  bless America, sometimes,  when I consider how much God has been either forgotten or ignored in this county today, I wonder why should he bless America? As always my friends these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment