Sunday, June 10, 2012

Is There Anything Left For Parents To Do?

  I do not claim to be any kind of an export on marriage. I will say, that many young people living in today's society, should seek wise advice from parents or pastor's or others they trust and respect before they decide to embark on the continual learning journey that I have found marriage to be. To be sure, when one decides to marry is one of the most important decisions a person can make in their life time.While I am sure, that their is some wisdom and hopefully, some maturity that can develop if one waits until they have lived a few years past eighteen and learned a few things I don't think the government should be able to tell any adult, when they can get married.
  I recently,  saw a report on the news and apparently one Miss, Jennifer Nagy,  wrote an article in that institution of journalistic excellence, the Huffington Post, that she believes the Government should propose a law making it illegal for young people to marry if they are under they age of twenty five. I guess, if this law ever goes into effect you will be an out law,  if you have in laws,  before you twenty five and I think anyone who would propose such a law is is proposing a measure that would be against the constitution to try to enforce besides, doesn't government  already have enough to supposedly do? If government is going too make every decision for today's young people tell me who needs parents? What is left, for parents to do?  You remember them don't you? there  the folks who got married before this so called problem arrived on the cultural scene.
  My parents,  got married at twenty one after having known each other for only about two months and they remained married for sixty four years until my dad died three years ago.Let me ask you something? whatever happened to personal responsibility and individual freedom that our constitution is supposed to guarantee? The sad truth is this is just another situation where the government would put themselves in change of a person's basic right  to person happiness I guess, the government would now pursue a person's happiness for them. I for one say No thanks! I feel,  that if the government, can tell a person when they are old enough to say, "I do,"  there will be even a greater number of young people who will say,  "I don't!" Who can blame them? What's the point of turning eighteen? What, your old enough to drive to vote to go into the military but if your under twenty five you can't marry some one? No wonder so many college kids continue to live with there parents .I guess Miss Nagy, feels their just not ready to be an adult and live on there own and make there own decisions. I don;t know how others may feel, but I don't need the government, to be my parent! as always my friends, these thoughts remain, just some words to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment