Thursday, June 7, 2012

I Will Always Sing, And Brag About The Flag!

  My father,  died three years ago. He loved this country and fought for her in World War II. Today, would have been his eighty seventh birthday. I still miss him. Yesterday, many in this country paused to remember the brave men who stormed the beaches of Normandy on June 6, 1944. Later,  this month Americans,  will celebrate  flag day and fly old glory with dignity and pride and on July fourth this country will once again celebrate 236 years as a free and independent nation.
  I have to confess,  I'm more than slightly upset by some comments I heard on  the news,  from a so called radio left winged loony liberal,  named Bill Press. He seems to think it's his job to rate the patriotic value and worth of this nation's national anthem. Mr Press, and calling him mister is more respect than he deserves and far more respect then he gives this country or our flag, stated that he thought our nations national Anthem was stupid and wad too high and hard to sing and he mocked the anthem because of the line that is sung as follows "O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave he seems to think and that's being quite generous,  to call any thoughts he expresses as any form of thinking,that this patriotic classic masterpiece is some  how arrogant because the song seems to imply that this is the only country that has any  people who are brave. I would remind Mr Press,  that an awful lot of brave men and women have fought for the flag that anthem glorifies. The Idea,  that Mr Press, would be callus enough to call the Star Spangled Banner stupid would suggest that all those who have fought and died defending the American flag are stupid! I an sure Francis Scott Key, and I'm sure that's the only musical key Mr. Press,  will ever come close to hitting,  thought  his triumphant song about our nations flag was anything but stupid and would roll over in his grave to hear Bill Press treat  this nation's anthem with such disdain.
  This is a free country,  and I'm glad Mr. Press,  is free to speak his mind no matter how little it may be on the radio. I 'm just glad that when he comes on the radio patriotic Americans, everywhere are  free to turn him off! I love my country, I love my flag I love this nation's national anthem and Americans, have fought and died for the greatest country on earth and I do mean to brag! I hate to press the issue Bill,  but I must say, when it comes to making stupid statements about The Star Spangled Banner, your a natural! as always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment