Thursday, June 14, 2012

No American Dream For Me.

  Remember that show on NBC in the nineties called Seinfeld? Remember the episode about the soup Nazi and how for any reason he might say at ant time to a customer, no soup for you? Well, that's kind  of the way I feel about my chance of achieving the American dream. I feel like life for whatever reason  or circumstance has said to me, no American dream for you! I am fifty two, and it takes everything  my wife and I can bring in just to get by and provide for our ten year old daughter. Children, it seems, have a new need to provide for almost every minute. My daughter needs braces for her teeth that cost about  5000.00 dollars and we are saving up for them. my house needs about 20,000.00 dollars in repairs but we tackle them one at a time as they money comes in. My family, could use  new car our car is ten years old but we can't afford any kind of car right now, so we will just have to get by with the car we have because we can't  make  new car payment right now, and at least our present car is paid for.
  What I have now realized is my family and I along with many others, will never have so much money that we can buy anything we may even need, without  always wondering if we can afford it or how we will make the monthly payments. I now realize that is how it is always going to be surviving yes, but really living, no. I live in the greatest nation on earth yet I still wonder if all my bills will get paid from month to month not complaining just realizing that's how it is and that's how it has always been, and most likely, that;s how it will always be.
  I then think of my daughter and wonder will she have a better life and have more than her mother than I did? I'm not so sure Americans, have lost 39 percent of their personal wealth and buying power over the last few years and we haven't seen buying power at this level  since over twenty years ago. This is due in large part to the weakness in the housing market and economist are now saying the housing market may have more bubbles still to burst before housing finally begins to recover. The nation debt, is nearly 16 trillion dollars and Obama, if reelected only wants to put America deeper in debt another four years with Obama, my see the national debt explode to 20 or 25 trillion dollars at the end of another Obama term. Europe it seems at times is mere seconds from total economic collapse. I've looked around new cars or new homes or new braces nothing in this present economy is very cheap or affordable for most Americans in fact, the only thing that is cheap is the talk Obama,  keeps doing when the hard working American people dare ask him what is he going to do to strengthen the American economy. As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment