Monday, June 4, 2012

The Mayor Needs To Hold The Mayo!

  I love the fact that I live in America, and one of the freedoms I particularly enjoy is freedom of choice and the freedom and quite frankly,  the right to be personally responsible for the choices I am free to make. I don't need or want a nanny to make all of my healthy food or drink choices for me. I don't care if that's Michelle Obama, telling me not to eat at McDonald's or President Obama, telling this nation we must have his health care law because we must eat our peas and Nancy Pelosi,  thinks Americans, don't know what's good for them!
  Mayor Mike Bloomberg,   who I think at times, is a blooming idiot, has now taken it upon himself to tell the residents of New York,  what is good for them by purposing a law that would make it unlawful for them to purchase a soft drink at a fast food restaurant larger than 16 ounces. He has no problem pouring on the mayonnaise on his artery clogging BLT. I personally don't mind  if he enjoys BL T's although I prefer Miracle Whip, as long as he lets others enjoy what they like and in the size they like. As far as I'm concerned, if extra large sodas or hamburgers  and french fries are going to kill me, leave me alone and let me eat and enjoy my last meal, at least, I'll die happy! I think however, if Mayor Bloomberg, is going to preach to New Yorkers' about making healthy choices when comes to the size of their sodas, then Mayor Bloomberg, needs to hold the mayo, when it comes to his BLT! As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment