Sunday, June 24, 2012

Has America, Progressed beyond The Need For God?

  Someone has said,  that if God, seems far away, guess who moved. I know as a Christian, when I feel that the influence of God's presence  is not evident in my life more often than not it is I that have moved away from God, and not the other way around. I have noticed that many in America, today, particularly those who consider themselves liberal progressives seem to feel that the idea of God,  in a modern society is a bit out dated. I suppose those who view life from a liberal point of view feel that human reason has helped American society progress and so many modern and medical advancements have been made that America, as a nation is beyond the need for God. I have even heard many liberals say that the Bible,  as well as the nation's  constitution,  is out of date and the principals and values found in the Bible,  and the constitution,  do not reflect the modern world that men of reason live in today. Liberals seem to feel that the nation's founding fathers looked to the Bible and Christianity,  because they were naive and therefore misguided. I suppose most liberals,  would fall in line with the philosophy of Karl Marx, an atheists, who said that religion, was the opiate of the masses.I must say however,  I have never encountered an atheist in a fox hole and I noticed many in America,  found a great need for God's comfort and guidance following the tragedy of nine eleven. Many churches were full for about six months and then I guess human reason and liberal progressive thinking and modern order was restored and God,  was once again dismissed from public thought and  quietly tucked away  until such time as the American masses need him in American society again.
  I would remind the liberal progressives in this country that they may have changed their mind concerning the traditional Christian,  values that built this country but God,  has not changed his! The Bible says in Malachi 3:6 "For  I am the Lord, I change not."
  I recall my American History while America,  was still trying to shape a new government and thus form a more perfect union on July 28, 1787 at the constitutional convention in Philadelphia, Ben Franklin, quieted the delegates who had gathered there to ask if they might pray and ask God;s guidance as they  endeavoured to shape the new nation's government. Ben Franklin,  said the following words, " Gentleman, if a sparrow cannot fail without God's notice, is it probable an empire can rise without his aid?" Psalms 127:1 says, except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it. I believe Franklin felt that if America was to be established and prosper as a nation it was going to require divine guidance from God. The  American people need to remember the God,  of our fathers. I am convinced God,  has been speaking to America for along time now. He speaks, through an economy that is at times mere moments from total national and global collapse. He speaks through the other nations, as I write these words, at this moment Iran Israel, Syria, Egypt Libya, Afghanistan Iraq not to mention North Korea, are all on the verge and almost eager to begin what would  most certainly be World War III. Europe including England, Ireland, Spain, Greece, Italy seems mere moments from a full economic meltdown. America, struggles under the weight of  a national debt of nearly 16 trillion dollars, the housing market is a mess,  personal wealth has declined. The nation is rocked by fires that even now are burning out of control and the hurricane season as just begun. government, seeks to take more and more of American liberty away, in favor of government rule.  Children, have no respect for their elders, and seem to cause more and more chaos in our public schools.Many Christians,  in our churches today,  have abandoned the preaching of the gospel and speak only of tolerance and self awareness. Yes, I believe God,  is speaking to America, the question is, Are  Americans, listening. I would remind the American people, if God, seems far away, guess who moved. As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words,  to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment