Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Do I Still Live In America?

  As a very patriotic American, who loves this country. Lately, I find my self at times almost unable to recognize the country that I thought I knew so well. I'm confused and I'm just wondering,do I still live in America? Almost daily, in the news I learn of new policies that seem to make it almost a crime just to be patriotic. In a recent decision in Brooklyn, a principal named Greta Hawkins, decides five year olds can't sing Lee Greenwood's song God Bless The USA, but until  public pressure changed her mind, it was perfectly okay for five year olds' to sing a ballad by Justin Bieber, called  Baby. Bill Press, has the perfect right to mock our nation's national anthem on his liberal radio program, but people are threatened with going to jail if they dare fly an American flag from their window of their housing complex. Many liberals,  in this county seek to remove the phase under God from our nation's pledge of allegiance and the phase In God we trust from America's money. Displaying the ten commandments,  in in any public place is practically outlawed,  in this country now. Military Chaplins,  are told what they can and can't say in their remarks and seemingly have to get all of their sermons approved by their superiors before they can deliver them.. Saying Merry Christmas,  during the holidays is nearly, a capital offense.Our nation's veterans,  have to be careful where they place a cross to remember and honor others who have given their life in defense of this nation. Protesters, can march on Wall Street,  and many of them curse this country and our nation's system of capitalism, at the same time,  if you say, God bless you, under some circumstances, you could almost,  be charged with a hate crime for using hate speech.
  Your have to excuse me, I thought I still lived in America. I must say however, if I didn't know better I'd think I was in China, or North Korea, or Iran. I thought, if one lived in America, everyone had freedom of speech freedom of religion freedom of the press and the basic right to live in peace without having to live in fear of reprisals, from anyone especially,  the government. I must confess,  these days,  I don't recognize this country and thus, I'm not sure where I live. It's really very simple, any time  any one any where tells someone what they  can and cannot say or what they can and can not sing or what they can and cannot preach or what they can and cannot  think that's called government censorship and serves a type of government oppression because an individual is denied the basic right of freedom of thought and the right to express those thoughts. Americans,  must stand together and tell our leaders in government no person,  has the right to take away an Americans,  basic freedoms, and Americans,  need to remind their leaders in government we live in America, we live in a free country and we have now, for nearly 236 years and the American people must make it clear to our leaders in government that we expect them to keep it that way! As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment