Monday, June 11, 2012

A New Kind Of Soda Jerk!

  I have to admit, I never thought I'd live to see the day come in America, when the government would seek to tax you and thus in effect punish you for drinking soda. Mayor Michael Bloomberg,  wants to out law sodas larger than sixteen ounces, and now their is a proposal being considered to impose a penny per ounce tax on all sodas. This means, if you buy a 16 ounce soda the government will tax you an additional 16 cents tax for that soda. If you want a penny for my thoughts on this soda tax idea I think it stinks!
  I thought this was America, we already left England,  after a revolution some 236 years ago because of unfair taxation on tea as I recall and now it looks like we may have a tax on soda. One is left to wonder, What's next? How about a tax on all junk food? I guess  then,  when you eat your chips every citizen will chip  in for the pleasure of eating  Lays or Pringles,  maybe even pizza after all,  isn't that considered to be junk food too? America's are going to have to stand up and speak out against this latest attack on personal freedom and individual responsibility.America,  after all, is supposed to be the land of the free. I am afraid while many in America, have been intellectually asleep enjoying a very false sense of security the government has slowly over time sought to virtually steal many of the basic freedoms we as Americans should still be able to enjoy This latest proposed tax on soda, is a prime example of just such an attack. Americans,  had better speak up now or this tax on soda will most likely come to pass. Personally, I think the person who fist purposed  a tax on soda, is a real soda jerk! As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just,  some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment