Monday, August 13, 2012

Things, I thought I Would Never See In America.

  I love this country, and to me this country on it's worst day, is still the greatest nation the world has ever known. I must confess to you however as great as this country may be there are certain things happening now I thought I would never live to see in this country. Today,  once again for the third time in the last month I turn on the news only to hear that another shooting has taken place in College Station Texas,  near Texas,  A&M. My daughter,  is afraid now and she ask me is everybody in this country going to have to start packing  a gun. I tell her I don't know but I don't think so.Then she asked if guns were going to be outlawed  here and I said I hope not because then only out laws would have guns and city police departments would be overrun and have all that they could handle. Then she asked what's the answer? I said at the moment I don't know then she said,"Daddy, the whole world sure needs Jesus", and I said, it sure does! I never thought my daughter would be afraid and be gin to wonder if there is any place she can go and not have to be afraid  some psychopath   is going to starting shooting people.
  I wish I could tell my daughter that things in this country and in American,  society in general were going to get better. The truth is however, the Bible, says, in II Timothy 3:16 just exactly, how the world will be as humanity faces what is often called the last days the passage reads as follows; "But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse deceiving and being deceived." Therefore, as much as the liberal progressives want to say that this country or the world for that matter, is getting better the truth is is is going to continue to deteriorate. The only thing I can hope for then is that if enough Christians can pray and this nation can repent and return to the God of our fathers perhaps God,  in his mercy may at least slow down  the moral deterioration in this nation. I know one thing,  I have never been so thankful to be a Christian in all my life. and I am happy that my wife and daughter have the lasting peace that only comes by knowing Jesus. Sometimes,  I don't know how those that don't can live in the perilous times we find ourselves living in. What a friend we have in Jesus, what a friend, indeed. As always,  my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment