Thursday, August 9, 2012

Deadly Poison.

  As a person who studies American history,  I often enjoy reading various quotes from America's founding fathers.I found these words from John Adams, to be quite thought provoking his words are as follows;"If ever time should come when vain aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government our country will stand in need of it's experienced patriots to prevent it's ruin." I am afraid if this nations current president is reelected our country will indeed come to ruin.I hope America, can still be found to have some men and women of good moral character. I confess to you however that in the area of politics, it is often very hard to find men and women of good character.
  When I consider the present political campaign that is being conducted by  those who would seek to reelect President Obama, I am constantly amazed at what they are willing to say or do just to win Obama's reelection.  Calling into question a persons political policies or beliefs  is one thing seeking to destroy a persons character and reputation that's something else.I know as a Christian,  the tongue and the way it is used is a lot like the way a person may use fire. The same fire that warms your home on a cold evening could burn your house to the ground if fire is not used properly. The same can be said for the tongue the words a person may speak can either build someone up or tear some one down one thing is sure words matter and there affect is often permanent and once certain words are said they cannot be easily taken back by just saying I misspoke or I;m sorry.
  The Bible,  says in James 3-8" But the tongue can no man tame it is an unruly evil full of deadly poison." In other words, when one destroys a persons reputation it's almost as if you took someones life because even if slanderous charges are later shown to be false the damage they have already done is permanent and words can never completely be withdrawn.Obama,  is seeking to destroy Mitt Romney's reputation just to gain reelection. Personally, even if it works I think it's a terrible way to win and it says alot about President Obama. I suppose if his tactics work and he wins reelection it will also say a great deal about the American people as always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment