Friday, August 3, 2012

America's All Too Consistent Tragedy.

  As a patriot, who loves my country, I will confess to you there are times when I weep for this nation. I weep because I wonder if there is any hope left for America. I look around and all too often I see a nation consumed with greed and totally ravished by moral decay. I marvel at the grace of God. I am amazed how merciful and patient God,  has been with this nation. I wonder when God's patience will come to an end?  I wonder if I will live to see the fall and total destruction of this nation?
  Even now, as I ponder this question I remember my American history, and realize that America has been at this crossroads  of crisis before and men far wiser and far greater than I will ever be have considered  this same question. I came across a Thanksgiving Proclamation speech given by President Abraham Lincoln,  in November of 1863. America,  was a nation divided by war and though his speech was very appreciate for this time period in our nations history, as I read the speech it seemed as though he could just as easily given this Thanksgiving Proclamation speech today. He said the following;"We have forgotten God. We have forgotten the gracious hand which preserved us in peace and multiplied and enriched and strengthened us, and we have vainly imagined, in the deceitfulness of our hearts that all these blessings were produced by some superior wisdom and virtue of our own. Intoxicated with unbroken success, we have become too self sufficient to feel the necessity of redeeming and preserving grace, to proud to pray to the God that made us."
  As I read these words I thought to my self  these words could very easily describe America today. America,  has become rich and powerful and at times seems to be in need of nothing not even God. I fear that when God,  finally pronounces his final judgement on America,  as a nation and as a  result, this county collapses in ruin we will then look back and have to conclude  that the reason our nation fell was quite clear  and our nations epitaph will  be that forgetting God,  was America's all too consistent tragedy.  As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment