Saturday, August 4, 2012

Technology Is Great, But There Are Things I Miss.

  I have been know to visit the past from time to time by viewing old clips about the forties and fifties on You Tube. I know American society, has made many advancements over the years and I certainly enjoy many of them. I enjoy a TV remote but I remember when you had to get up to change your TV channel. I enjoy listening to my collection of music compact disk the music quality and sound is a great deal better than then those old records you sometimes over stacked on your stereo record player and that would cause the record needle to skip and scratch your record.I enjoy my color TV, but I remember black and white televisions with weird rabbit ear antennas you had to often hold just right to get any kind of clear reception. and I remember those big TV tubes in the back you had to replace about every six months or the picture would either go black or fade to a straight or flat line. Yes, there can be no doubt things have definitely improved especially in the last forty or fifty years and I not saying I would want to go back to those days  but there are some this about those days I really miss.
  Remember when super time meant family time? I remember sitting around my kitchen table many times and eating and laughing as each one in my family shared something that happened in there day. These days that doesn't happen much any more and most parents really can't  talk with there children  unless they know how to text message  them on their cell phone.You know, when I hear teens tell there parents that they are busy talking to their BF I think that's best friend in text talk and then the teens say to the parents Talk 2U later that's not a real conversation. Call me old fashioned, but when a teens friends know more about what's going on in their life than a parent does well, let's just say I miss real family communication. Sometimes I wonder what would happen if America suffered a nation wide black out and no one had electricity at least then maybe families might have time to really talk to each other. You know I can tell you I miss talking to my dad he's gone now and they only thing I regret is that I didn't make more time to talk with him more. If I could say anything  to the youth of today it would be this don't take the unconditional love of  your parents for granted. You will not always have them and it's only now in my fifties that I realize my parents really were my BFFL  that's best friend for life for those who aren't text savvy. As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just some words, 4 U2 think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment