Sunday, August 12, 2012

God's Gift For Your Birthday.

  My daughter is having a birthday today. She is ten years old now. Each day as I watch her grow I am amazed at just how quickly time passes. When I think back on it now you know,  it just seems like yesterday, I was holding her and rocking her to sleep. I also know it will seem like a sudden tomorrow and she will be grown married with a family and a life of her own.
  I realize there is still so many things I have left to teach her. Sometimes, I wish time would slow down or stand still. I know it won't however, the Bible Says, in James 4:14" Where as ye know not what shall be on the morrow for what is your life it is even a vapor that appears  for a little time and than vanishes away." As I remember this passage, I am reminded  of the words to a  hymn  I have heard sung in church the words are as follows;" Only one life will soon be past, only what's done for Christ will last."
 As a Christian,  I must use the short time God,  has given me on this earth to witness for Christ,  and seek to make a lasting difference both in the life of my wife and daughter and also in the lives of others.Some,  who may read these words may not know Christ, to you I would say this Jesus Christ,  died for you and your life is quickly passing repent  of your sin and accept the gift of God's son Jesus Christ, as your saviour then you will be reborn into the family of God and that my friend is the most important birthday anyone can ever have. As always,  my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words,  to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment