Friday, August 24, 2012

Personal Freedom, Is Getting Really Personal!

  Not too long a go,  my daughter, ask me a question I'm still trying to find the answer to.She asked me this question, "Daddy, with everybody shooting every body is everybody going to have to start carrying a gun? I told her that I hoped not but I just couldn't say for sure.Today, in New York,  a man got fired from his job and in anger and seeking revenge he killed his boss and at least two other people and injured several others whose only crime was they happened  to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.I know the first thing the liberal progressives will want to do is bash the constitution and the second amendment. I am not for taking a way a person right to bear arms.You can bet that if the government took every citizens gun a way then criminals would buy and sell  guns on the black market and then be free to rob and kill unarmed citizens at will.What I am wondering however,  is there going to come a time in America,  when everyone will have to carry some type of gun? I Know in parts of California, a citizen,  may carry a gun as long as it has been registered and is worn in plain sight.
  I hate to imagine a scenario like this but think about it if  you go to the movies you could get shot.What about if you want to go to your church wait... no that's not safe either.One certainly, can't walk into a bank for you can defiantly get shot there.Now, it seems a persons place of employment isn't really safe because some one may get fired and start shooting up the place.Heaven knows, sending children to school is a risk and there is certainly, no guarantee  they wouldn't get shot there. So, whats the answer?Are Americans,  going to have to have armed security guards every place we go? Security guards,  can't be everywhere. Once again I ask will the day ever come in America,  when every citizen will have to carry some type of a gun for there own protection?
  Killing people out of anger, is certainly nothing new it's been going on since Cain,  in anger killed his brother Able,  in the book of Genesis. I have just noticed recently that personal freedom and security is getting much harder to maintain in American,  society. Perhaps,  if Americans,  remembered  the author of personal freedom certain tensions and hostile attitudes in American,  society could  begin to change I  mean,  there was a time in this country when  children could walk home safely from school. Many folks,  in the small town where my mother grew up people didn't even lock their doors at night but I am afraid, those days from yesterday,  are long gone.These words, from Ben Franklin,  seem to express how true freedom should be. Franklin, said, the following;"Freedom, is not a gift bestowed upon us by other men, but  a right that belongs to us by the laws of God,  and nature."I pause to ponder this question, if America, as a nation,  continues to refuse to retain God,  in the daily conduct of everyday life in American,  society today and as a result, mans basic nature continues to grow worse and worse, then,  I believe the day may indeed come when each citizen,  may feel the need to take up arms  for the own protection. I hope I am wrong about this, but I do know when a society loses it's moral compass,  the value of human life becomes so cheep that a society soon lays in ruin. I pray America, will return to God,  for he can change our society, restore our values and heal our nation. As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment