Thursday, August 30, 2012

Ryan, Renews Hope In The Furture Of America.

  Just like millions of conservative Americans,  last night I found myself completely mesmerized by the exhilarating speeches I heard as I watched the  National Republican Convention on the FOX News channel.I was particularly impressed with Governor Susana Martinez. I confess, until I heard her speech last night I did not know she was the governor of New Mexico and the first Hispanic governor in the United States. I was impressed how she encouraged every one to stand up and say and do what is right even if there may be political consequences.in her case she was fired but she ran against her boss in the next election and took his job as State District Attorney. I 'll confess,  I'm not fond of colorful or blunt language. I have to admit however when she went to dinner with her husband with some republicans only to find she was indeed a republican herself it was funny when she told the delegates at the convention that she turned to her husband and said " I'll be damned we're republicans!" Although I would not have used those words her meaning was clear opportunity is never just handed to you but if your willing to work for it anything is possible even if your from a different culture in America,  you too can have the American,  dream.
  Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice,  also used this basic principal in her speech she made the statement that it is not important where a person starts out in life, what is important is where your going.This basic truth is the fundamental essence of what it means to live in America. Condoleezza Rice, had the audience spellbound as she told them about her life as a little girl growing in Birmingham Alabama during the days of southern segregation. She told the delegates there that even though she wasn't allowed to sit at the counter at Woolworth's and eat a hamburger her parents still convinced her she could still grow up and become the President Of the United States. Well,  she did become Secretary of State  and who knows, she may indeed run for presidency of this great nation and be the second African American,  to become President of the United States and at this point she could be the first African American woman to be come president The point she was trying to make is simple no matter what your back ground or circumstances may be when you start out in life in America, if one is willing to work hard enough one has the  potential to achieve anything. I am happy to report to you that basic and fundamental truth is still true!
  Without question however, Vice President hopeful Paul Ryan,  gave the speech of the night. he talked about the love he had for his father and the admiration he had for his mother and he told how she started her own business after the death of his father and found her own version of success. There were many zingers in Ryan's speech I enjoyed what he said to out of work college students who had perhaps voted for Obama in 2008, He said there were now  many college students who may have even graduated that now find themselves still living at home with their parents stuck looking at now faded Obama,  posters unable to get started in life Ryan pulled no punches as he told the audience Obama' time had came and went and that Obama's attempt to continue to live on the past glory of 2008 was like trying to sail a ship on yesterday's wind. I had to agree with Ryan. What Ryan, quite masterfully, managed to do was restore the belief  that America,  as a nation had began her way back to personal freedom and responsibility relying on God,  and not government for America's future. I found my self thinking that maybe, just maybe if Romney and Ryan can manage to get elected it just might be Morning in America, once again. As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment