Sunday, August 19, 2012

A Blessed Assurance Indeed.

  One of the first things I learned as a Christian,  was just how imperfect I was. I became a Christian,  at a very early age. I have not always walked as close to the Lord as I should have.I realize no one deserves or can earn salvation Ephesians 2:8-9 says,"For by grace are ye saved through faith it is the gift of God. not of works lest any man should boast." Sometimes I know Jesus, is not very proud or pleased with me. I am amazed just how far a Christian, can wonder a way from God,  and yet, still be a Christian. I have pushed those boundaries at various times in my life so much so in fact I wondered if I needed to be saved again! Sometimes,  I am terrified  I will die and wake up in Hell and God,  will say,"Depart from me I never knew you." I found out that my dear mother had this same fear at one time and so I ask her how she found complete peace  and that blessed assurance regarding our souls salvation in Christ, that we as Christians, often sing about in church. She said,  these words, God,  through accepting salvation through  his son Jesus Christ,  does not keep our sin and remember it to use it against us. Christians,  because we are human commit sin in our carnal flesh and often we cannot forget or forgive ourselves God,  through Christ,  forgave all sin and paid the price for all sin so when we as sinners receive Christ,  our sin cannot be remembered against us any  more.We still sin but when we confess our sin,  we're not paying for them again we are just acknowledging to God,  that we know it was sin and thanking him that he has forgiven us this then restores our fellowship with Christ,  in our daily walk as a Christian.
  My mother,  told me to remember this very important fact concerning my souls salvation God,  does not keep your sin they are all forgiven what God,   through Christ,  keeps is your soul. When she said this these verses in Romans 8:35-38-39 took on a whole new meaning for me the passages reads  as follows; "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?Will tribulation or distress or persecution, or famine or nakedness, or peril  or sword?" Paul,  first poses this question, in Romans 8:35 and then goes even further draws this wonderful conclusion when he states the following in Romans 8:38-39 "For I am persuaded that neither death nor life nor angels  nor principalities nor powers nor things present nor things to come nor heighth nor depth nor any other creature shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus." I therefore,  can now conclude if God,  because I have received Christ,  as saviour is strong enough to forgive my sin and save me from hell he is also strong enough to keep my soul safe with him. Thus,  I am free to live my life knowing that he is daily guiding my path knowing, at the moment of my death that God,  will guide my soul safely home to be with him in heaven oh what blessed assurance this wonderful truth is for those who know Christ. As always, my friends, these thoughts remain,  just,  some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment