Sunday, August 5, 2012

Nothing Says, I Love You, Like Chocolate Milk.

  I have been so blessed, God,  has seen fit to bless me with a wonderful wife and a daughter who  has brought so much joy to my life, I can scarcely find the right words to  fully express what she means to her mother and I. One of thing things my daughter loves is chocolate milk.I confess to you that I also love chocolate milk. As much as I love chocolate milk, if their is only one glass of chocolate milk left to pour guess who gets it? Your right my daughter because as much as I may love chocolate milk I love my daughter even more. I love to see the joy on her face as she drinks one  of the best drinks God,  ever made know to man chocolate milk! I am the granted an even greater joy, the joy of seeing the joy on my daughters face and knowing I helped put it there by choosing to let her have the last glass of chocolate milk. I know my joy is not unique and any decent parent worth their salt would gladly sacrifice anything for their children.
  As a Christian,  I know God,  who is my father in Heaven, loves to give good things to me. The Bible, makes this basic truth quite clear in Matthew 7: 9-11 the scripture reads as follows;"Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish will he give him a serpent? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more will your father in Heaven give good things to them that ask him." In this scripture passage Jesus, is letting his followers know that God delights in meeting the needs of his children.God,  will always meet the needs of his children and he will not only give us what we need but the right amount of what we need and just when  or as we need it. I am but a man made of carnal flesh because of this if I am not careful I may fail to meet my daughters needs correctly. Here is what I mean, what happens if I as a father because I love my daughter so much I spoil her and let her drink too much chocolate milk and she gets a stomach ache as a result of my  willingness,  to over indulge her desire for chocolate milk. I may have only wanted to make her happy but because I am only a human being I may not always do that which is best for my daughter no matter how much I may want to or wish that I could.
  As a Christian,  however, I know God,  my heavenly father will always want what is best for me and if I will trust him to meet my needs not only will he meet my needs but he will supply my needs  over and above and beyond what I could ever ask or  think.When God,  meets a need can count on him to get right because every perfect gift is from God and Gods love for his children is a perfect love. As a father, as much as I may love my daughter,  because I have human weaknesses my love for my daughter may not always be perfect but Gods love for his children will always be perfect and thus always given in just the right way and in just the right amount, and at just the right time. I am so glad as a Christian, I can trust God to provide what I need and do what is best for me. Sometimes even God gives his children extra special things. The same way I love giving my daughter extra special things and to my daughter , nothing says, I love you like chocolate milk. As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment