Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Yes, There Are Still Some Who Are Honest.

  Don't you just hate it when you and your family are having a perfectly wonderful day and something happens to change that situation? My family and I were visiting some friends recently and they live way out in the country so it;s about an hours drive to get to their house. We made it to our friends home alright and we had a great time while we were there. Twenty minutes after we left my family and I were on our way home when my wife noticed a strange light with a message on the dashboard that seemed to indicate some time kind of malfunction. We made it home and this was the weekend but as soon as we could on  Monday we went to a service garage and we were told we may have a problem with our transmission. The person who looked at our car recommended a local transmission shop. When my family and I got to the transmission shop we were told that our tork converter was about to quiet working and would have to be replaced. I was told the cost would be 800 to 1000 dollars and he couldn't even start on it for three days and he would have to be paid in cash because he didn't take credit cards and I didn't have that kind of cash on hand. I began to really worry and my faith was being tested I knew God would supply all my needs but what I didn't know was how. We left the transmission shop and my wife suggested getting another opinion. We drove our car very slowly to another garage and we told the serviceman there what our situation was and he said he knew of a better transmission  shop with better equipment and he felt sure they could help us and they took a  credit  card. We thanked the man and headed for the transmission shop he had suggested. When we got there all I can say is,  Wow! what wonderful people. The workers there took our car for a drive and said all that was needed was to have or transmission fluids flushed and a new transmission filter installed and it cold be done in thirty minutes  for 160 dollars and yes, they took credit cards and guaranteed their work. The man that fixed our car said he did not know why we were told that we would have to get a new tork converter. He said as far as he could tell it was working just fine and he had use the best the finest diagnostic equipment available. He said he had head a lot of bad things about the fist transmission place we had been to and often folks would come to him and he would have to fix transmissions that had been worked on there. I was pretty well convinced from what I had been told that the man at the first transmission place my family and I went to was only interested in making as much money as possible and knowing that my wife and I would know nothing different decided to charge us as much as he could. This is far from honest but some folks have no conscience and do business this way. I am so glad my family was able to find a transmission shop that was honest and really wanted to help people. The name of the place was called Precision Transmission,  in my home town of  Muncie Indiana. I would highly recommend them if you need to fix your car and you happen to be in Muncie Indiana. The kind lady behind the counter Wendy Riley,  I think is one of the most helpful and one of the friendliest people you'll ever meet anywhere.
  The Bible says, in first Timothy 6: 10 the love of money is the root of all evil and I know that those who live just to make money will will receive their just reward from God one day
  I think of all our politicians in government I think of our President, who seems to willing to tax small honest businesses nearly out of existence  I don't know if there are still honest politicians in our government today, I'd like to think so but I am happy to know there are still some folks in business in America who are indeed honest.. I know as a Christian I must strive to be honest with my self and others after all honesty, is still the best policy. as always my friends these thoughts remain, just some words to think on.

2 comments:

  1. Politicians are only doing what their bosses are ordering them to do ... By bosses I mean the 1%!

    Anyway, God bless you and yours

    ReplyDelete
  2. An honest Christian, will not be dishonest even if he is told to by a boss. A Christian would have to find another boss to work for. A true Chridtian must answer to God and their own conscience. God bless you my friend.

    ReplyDelete