Sunday, July 29, 2012

A Letter From God.

  With the advent of the computer age I have found that the art of writing a heart felt handwritten letter has been lost to some degree.I am not trying to lobby for the post office but I will admit there is something to be said for collecting and saving and rereading a letter. I know it's much faster to email but somehow it just doesn't seem as special because it doesn't seem as personal. Think about this when you write to a company or an organization which response makes a greater impression on you? Would you rather receive a standard company form letter where your name has just been typed in  the blank but the letter is the same letter anyone else might receive or would you rather have a letter that is written to you personally in the writers own words and signed by the writer in their own hand writing. I think almost anyone would prefer a personal letter.Let's face it, a personal handwritten letter usually, takes a bit more thought and a bit more time to compose because the words are chosen more carefully because the person who is writing the letter wants the reader to know they were worth taking the time to write it.
  I remember when my wife was in the Philippines, and I was waiting for the time until I could go there and marry her in a nine month period from February  to October I wrote my wife 450 letters that were eight legal pad sized pages back and front. as I recall she wrote nearly the same amount to me. As I recall, we always had so much to say to each other. I went there to the Philippines and married my wonderful wife then I had to come back home and wait for her to go through the necessary immigration process. I remember writing her sometimes two and three times a week and my phone bill was nearly as much as the national debt! I didn't mind at all because all that mattered to me was making sure my wife knew I was thinking of her I was missing her and longing for the day when she was able to come to America and be with me. I remember reading each of her letters over and over again. I ran to my mail box everyday hoping to receive a letter from my wife You see every letter I received from my wife was precious to me and every word written in them was priceless. I remember the day I went to the airport I ran through each terminal gate and waited till I saw her get off the plane that was one of the happiest days of my life. My wife is the best wife any man good ask for. My little girl has taken up the tradition of writing her mother and I person home made and hand written Mothers Day and Fathers Day Valentines Day and Christmas cards and my wife and I keep everyone of them  to reread them  the future.
  God,  has written a letter to mankind. Christians, know it as the Bible and in his letter God, tells of his great love for mankind and how he demonstrated his love for a lost man kind by the sacrifice of his son the Lord Jesus Christ on the cross, at Calvary and God,  sealed the letter of his love for man kind with the very blood of his son the Lord for you and for me.God now offers eternal  life with him to as many as will receive his son to be their Lord and saviour. God made a way for a lost mankind to live with him forever in heaven because he loved man who he created in hid image so much.
  When one becomes a Christian then, shouldn't it be only natural to want to read the Bible,  which is God's personal letter especially for Christians? Considering the great love God has shown for us should we not as Christians,  desire to read the letter in the form of his holy word the Bible  he has written to us?As Christians should we not desire to read his letter of love for us over and over again  to show our love for God and our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ? I confess I need to read God's letter of love, the Bible much more than I do and I pray that each Christian who reads these words would choose to make this same commitment. As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment