Saturday, July 21, 2012

Remember What Really Matters..

  I am not a rich person by any means. The nations economy is so sluggish that many in America, right now are with out steady employment.I rind my self having to pay for all kinds of things and many times I am not sure how I'm going to do it. Over the past two months I have had to have my sewer line repaired, a new pair of Glasses, I am saving to pay for a set of braces for my daughter"s teeth and I just paid off my wife's dentist bill for getting a crown for her teeth not to mention I just paid to have the family car fixed.My credit cards have really been getting a work out lately. Sometimes,  I just don't know what's going to happen next and I really don't want to find out!
  As I Christian, I often find myself reminding God,  that Philippians,4:19 Says"But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus." I will confess, that at times when my needs seem to great and too many my faith is tested and I admit to you I don't always pass the test. Yesterday, I found my self worrying about all of my bills. Suddenly, a thought came to my mind it was as if the Lord said to me "Are your wife and daughter worth more to you than mere money?" I thought to my self, Yes Lord, of course they are. The Lord, then seem to say to me is there any amount of money I could give you in exchange for the life of your wife or daughter?"" Oh no Lord, I said to my self. God,  then placed this thought in my mind and it seemed that he said to me, "Then be quiet my child and be grateful that last night you were allowed the privilege of hugging your wife and daughter and giving both of them a kiss goodnight because there are twelve victims in Aurora, Colorado will will never be able to hold their loved ones again on this earth and they know that all they money in the world won't bring their loved ones back to them.
 As I pondered these thoughts tears came to my eyes and I realized I had no problems and I had no right to complain to God about my needs I just thanked  him that I still had my wife and daughter and we were safe. Sometimes,  I suppose in my Christian life God just has to take a moment and remind me what really matters. As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just some words to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment