Thursday, July 19, 2012

Why God Is Greater Than Government.

  Almost everyday it seems I turn on the news only to hear President Obama, or one of his spokespersons talking about how important it is that the rich here in America must pay there fair share. I will admit there is this concept in American society that seems to imply at least suggest  that each person should be treated  fairly after all our founding fathers said all men are created equal so I suppose it's easy enough to believe each person should have an equal opportunity to achieve the American dream. I think it is fair to hope that each person may be treated the same in a civilized society. Why is it then, that I remember my dad saying to me "Son, life is not fair."
  The concept of what is fair is relative at best. What is fair to one person may not be fair to another. I find that often in American society the definition of what is fair can change at any given moment in any  given circumstance. As a Christian, I have even heard other fellow Christians,  say the following;"Why can't God, treat everyone the same?" "Why isn't God fair?" Well God, is not fair. What God,  is however,  is just and holy, and righteous these attributes are not merely descriptive adjectives of God's character they are the components that make up the essence of his nature, in other words these attributes not only describe God's character but they serve to tell mankind who God is.
  Many people have the wrong concept of God, even some Christians,  fail to  realize that God is just and righteous and holy and cannot tolerate sin. Those who would still ask that God treat everyone equally because that would be fair, I would ask them are you sure that's really what you want God to do? Had God decided to treat all of humanity equally and based on  human  reasoning and  on the human concept of being fair God would have no choice but to cast all of humanity in an eternal lake of fire that was originally prepared for the devil and his angels. God,  is holy, he cannot tolerate sin. Romans 3:23 says," For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God." Romans 6:23 says, for the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ, our Lord." Romans,  5:8-9 says, "But God, commendeth his love toward us in that while we were yet sinners Christ, died for us." Much more then,being justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him."
  I have to say personally, I'm glad that because of the death of Gods son Jesus Christ and the shedding of his blood on a cross that stood on a hill called Calvary,God,  can be merciful to me a sinner.Titus 3:5 says,"Not by works of righteousness which we have done but according to his mercy he saved us by the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Ghost.Ephesians 2:8-9 says "For by grace are ye saved through faith and that not of ourselves, it is the gift of God,  not of works, lest any man should boast." Finally Romans, 10:9-10 says,"If thou shalt confess with thy mouth, the Lord Jesus Christ, and believe in thine heart, that God,  hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." I am so glad that God,  chose not to do with mankind that which would be fair but because of the fished work of Christ death and resurrection is now able to show mercy and extend grace so that all who believe and receive Jesus Christ can be saved and live eternally in Heaven with him. Oh my, God's mercy is too marvelous for me but by his grace and through my faith in Christ,  his mercy was made possible for me and to any and all who may read these words God's mercy can be yours as well. as always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment