Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Modern Day Daniel.

  I have to say, I always respect someone who says what they believe. I respect someone who is willing to speak what they believe to be the truth even if that particular truth isn't popular or very well received. I admit, that I was surprised and a bit impressed when I heard on the news that Mitt Romney, agreed to speak at the annual NAACP convention. I realize in one sense he had to go because he would have been called a coward or a raciest if he had chosen not to go. President Obama, I suppose feels that it is not necessary for him to attend after all the polls seem to indicate that he is guaranteed to receive 94% of the African American vote. I did hear that Vice President Joe Biden, was going to respond to what Mitt Romney said. Without a doubt when Romney said he would cut all unnecessary government programs including Obama care that didn't  go over well at the NAACP convention but I respect Romney for having the courage to say it.
  Let's face it,  Romney,  will not get many votes from  African Americans,  but any African American,  vote he could get is one less for Obama.. There is no doubt it would be much easier for Romney, to only speak to well established conservatives but what kind of courage does that take? Anyone can preach to the choir. I hope African Americans would ask themselves what kind of future can President Obama  deliver for them? Unemployment for African Americans,  now stands at 14.4 that's two points higher than it was in 2009 when Obama took office. The African American,  youth are in a real tough spot their unemployment rate now stands at 39%. I have to wonder is this the kind of hope and change they voted for when they voted for Obama, in 2008?
  Romney,  is offering African Americans, for that matter,  all Americans a chance at least for a real future. What Americans need right now are jobs. I believe Romney, has some experience in this area. Romney,  offers Americans a choice a government hand out with Obama, or a hand up and job creation with Romney. Romney, has often been called a flip flopper, but I am glad he didn't try to pander to the members of the NAACP during their convention. President Obama, does enough of that already! As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment