Friday, July 20, 2012

According To His Purpose.

  As a Christian, the Bible makes it plain that I am to trust God's permissive will even when my finite human reasoning cannot understand why God allows certain things to happen often,  to totally innocent people. I am quite human and my heart breaks for the victims involved in the tragedy in Aurora Colorado today. I am sure, I am not the only person wondering why God would permit such a terrible tragedy to occur.I wish I knew the answer to this question but I must confess, I do not have an answer.Trusting God seems easy when things seem to be going well and at least most things going on in your life seem to make some sort of sense. As a Christian however I am told to trust in the wisdom and the will of God and rest in the knowledge that his will is perfect even if I can't understand it and even if this knowledge provides little comfort during a trying time in my Christian life.
  Romans 8:28 says,"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, and  are called  according to his purpose." As a Christian I find the only way I am able to know this truth of scripture is just to accept this by faith and I will admit to you right now there are defiantly times in my life when my faith as a Christian is put to the test and all to often I fail the test but God forgives me even then and then gently and slowly rebuilds my faith again.
  As much as I wish I could offer some meaningful words of comfort right now to the families and friends of the slain victims in Aurora Colorado right now I know that nothing I could ever say will bring any real comfort to them. Therefore, as a Christian all I can do is pray for them and ask God to comfort the families and friends of the victims as only he can. When a tragedy like this occurs all I can do is remember these words found in Deuteronomy, 29:29 "The secret things belong unto the Lord our God, but those things which are revealed, belong unto us and our children forever that we may do all the words of this law. I realize Christians are now under grace and not under the law but the point of this verse seems to indicate that God''s purpose for some things will never be made known to us. There are some things that are known only by God. Christians then must trust the wisdom of God in all things and in all circumstances. Remember God has already told Christians, in Isaiah 55:8-9 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts nor are your ways my ways.'"For as the heavens are higher than the earth so are my ways, higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts." As a Christian then, all I can do is pray and ask God to help me trust him when I cannot know the purpose of his will. as always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment