Saturday, July 14, 2012

Shadows Of Things To Come.

  I am in my early fifties. My doctor has advised me for sometime now to go and get a colonoscopy. When I last talked with him I learned he was leaving the clinic and going elsewhere. I decided since he had been a good doctor to me and a good man as well and since cancer runs in my family I would go and have the colonoscopy. I was glad to know that this is considered a screening so my insurance would pay for it. Now for those who have not had the privilege of having a colonoscopy I would rank the thrill of this experience right up there with going to the dentist for a root canal, a tax audit by the IRS, or missing a nail and hitting your  thumb with a hammer! The actual procedure is not bad at all but drinking the terrible tasting junk they tell you you have to drink followed by an  extended stay in your bathroom oh my what a thrill and you do this once the night before the procedure  and then you do it again about for hours before you have your colonoscopy. I was happy to hear that I was just fine and that I would not have to have another colonoscopy for ten years. Believe me when I tell you, I will wait all ten of those years before I go through this experience again!
  I decided since my former doctor was no longer going to be my doctor that I had better get a new doctor. The clinic, assigned a new doctor for me but I find out from my insurance that the doctor I had been assigned was out of net work therefore my insurance wouldn't pay as much and that meant a greater cost for me. I called the clinic back and after much searching I finally found one of their doctors who was in the net work of my insurance. I had to  schedule an appointed to see the new doctor in two months. I asked why I had to wait so long to see the doctor she said the clinic had a shortage of doctors and many  of the doctors had gone into specialized practice  or left. I called back later to see why so many doctors were leaving she said some of the doctors didn't want to work at the clinic because of they didn't want any new medicare patients. I asked why she said she didn't know for sure but as I hung up the phone I couldn't help but wonder if this sudden doctor shortage and longer waiting time between appointments had anything to do with the cuts in medicare proposed in Obama's health care law. I can't say anything for sure but I wouldn't be at all surprised if this is the case. When Obama care goes into full effect in 2014 this health care law will cut 500 billion dollars from Medicare over ten years. I just have a feeling that being put on a long waiting list for an appoint with a doctor and an ever increasing shortage of doctors are only shadows of things to come when Obama's health care law goes into full effect in 2014. Americans,  have one last chance to repeal Obama's health car law.I hope Americans,  can realize how important it is to elect Romney,  and get a GOP majority in both the House as well as the Senate. I fear if this doesn't happen then many Americans better get used to long periods be tween doctor appointments and a constant shortage of doctors because if Obama's health care law goes into full affect in 2014 these type of situations will be just shadows of things to come. As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment