Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Time To Be Diligent.

  My daughter just brought her school year book home today. My wife and I were very proud to read her teachers glowing comment concerning our daughter. The  teacher praised my daughter and said she was very proud of her because she was a very diligent student. My wife and I know this to be true because we have instilled this quality in our daughter. I took a few moments to look up the meaning of being a diligent person. the definition or meaning of being a person who is diligent carries with it the idea of showing care and conscientiousness in ones work or duties. Well, I would have to agree with my daughter's teacher because my daughter takes a lot of time to study and do well in her school work. I wound conclude then, that this is one of the reasons my daughter is a straight A honor student. There are indeed rewards for being diligent.
  As I ponder the meaning of he word diligent, I am struck by the thought that America has reached a point in her history that it is indeed time for America to again be diligent. Over the past thirty years or so America, has been diligent but in the wrong way America, has been very diligent at spending taxpayer money now if only America,  could be diligent at saving money and using the money we have more responsibly. Did you know that after the Revolutionary War America, completely paid off the the nation's national debt? Now it appears America, has a record debt second only to Greece. America too has fallen behind in the area of academics. China and Japan's students  consistently score higher in the areas  of math and science. America has fallen behind in the production of basic goods. America's cars were at one time the best in the world now, both Germany and Japan consistently produce more cars than the US and many times their cars are made with much better quality.
  It's strange some how, but these days it seems they only thing many in America, are diligent in doing is complaining for more government social programs. I heard one person say it this way on the news recently. He was told a company was hiring at a factory paying 14 dollars to start but he told the reporter he did not want a job he wanted a career and if he couldn't walk right into a job that would give him a career he would just continue to stand in line for some more of that Obama free money. He was very diligent however in complaining because the line wasn't moving fast enough while he was waiting to get his government unemployment check that working Americans everywhere helped to pay for. If I could suggest the one trait that America needs to rediscover it would be the need to indeed be more diligent. as always, my friends, these thoughts remain just some words to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment