Sunday, May 6, 2012

A Friend You Can Count On.


  I recently, went to the movies, and after I took out a loan to pay for the tickets pop and pop corn my family and I enjoyed a day at the movies. I like action movies where the good guys whip up on the bad guys and good triumphs over evil and the hero saves the world and gets the girl and generally just saves the day.
  I have noticed something over the years however even in the movies sometimes it's hard to know who the good guys are times have changed and they don't always wear the white hats. I could say as much about the good guys in the real world too. Politicians promise everything seldom deliver anything it seems to cost the American people everything and usually accomplishes nothing. More than one politician has claimed to be one of the good guys only to turn out to be corrupt hiding behind a fake facade. Sometimes it's hard to know in this crazy world we live in if there is any one you can always count on.
  As a Christian, I'm happy to assure you that there  is. There is an old hymn Christians,  sing in church and it brings a sine of peace to me when this world with all it's uncertainly,  causes me to feel uneasy or afraid, at that moment the words to this song come back to me and fill me with a sense of peace the words are these,  "When darkness hides his lovely face,  I rest on his unchanging grace,  when all around my soul gives way he then is all my hope and stay.' "On Christ, the solid rock I stand all other ground is sinking sand,  all other ground is sinking sand." You see, as a Christian, I don't have to worry about what's going on in the world and I don't ever have to wonder who the good guys are because I know who is the rock of my  salvation and I place my trust in Jesus Christ,  I can assure  you once you place your faith and trust in him, he is a friend that will stick even closer than a brother to you. Jesus,  is my rock and as a Christian, I know he is the one friend I can always count on. As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment