Wednesday, May 23, 2012

It's All About The Party!

  I like to think, that I am out going and like having fun and in general I try to be a good person that people like being around after all,  most anyone will tell you, you won;t have many friends in your life if your a  constant stick in the mud, I like laughing and having a good time with friends and family as much as anyone.one thing I will say however, when I party, I do it without alcohol I like to remember my good times and I wouldn't ever want to do something while under the influence of alcohol that I could live to regret.
  It seems, a lot of government agencies also like to party The GSA enjoyed a huge party at the American taxpayers expense. The Secret Service partied  in Columbia, with prostitutes funny, I always thought they were kept busy enough supposedly protecting the President. I understand that now we have federal judges throwing a million dollar party in Hawaii. all on the American taxpayers dime of course. Sometimes, I think America's political leaders should adopt  a new government motto that echos that song in the eighties you gotta fight for you right to party.
  I guess you can't blame our political leaders for wanting to party after all, America, basically is set up on a two party system. I guess when the Democratic Party and the Republican Party,  aren't fighting for their Party they seem content to continue to fight for their right to party! Speaking, just for myself,  this is a party of one who is tired of the government waste! I say it clear if either political party   continues to adopt the practice of wasting taxpayers money as the standard party line I for one will be no part to that.
  If the political leaders in both parties would work half as hard trying to balance this nations budget as they do when they party a lot of progress might be made in bringing down this nation's nearly sixteen trillion dollar debt. I pause to wonder just how much money is wasted on parties  and other wasteful programs and projects in our government, I bet if you could track and add up all the money our government wastes each year that figure would be staggering. Recently, I heard on the news that the political conventions for both political parties will cost some 35 million dollars. Sen. Tom Coburn of Oklahoma, suggested given this nations struggling  economy, not to mention the nations massive trillion dollar debt, that perhaps both parties  could give the back. I won't hold my breath waiting for either party to do that. I suspect both parties will hold their conventions and party on.  I do realize one thing however,  if  the leaders in both parties don't stop partying long enough to put their party differences a side, then  America,  as a nation faces certain economic  collapse and soon and when this nation economically speaking crumbles, you can then turn out the lights, because the party, will be over. As always, my friends, these thoughts remain just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment