Saturday, May 12, 2012

A Study On Studying.

  My daughter is a straight A honor student. My wife and I are very proud of her. I must confess to you however,  sometimes, it is really hard to get her to settle down and study. Sometimes, it would be fair to say that she hates studying but she sure likes making all A's on her report card and each time she does that it usually cost me a Barbie doll.
  I remember, back when I went to school and no it wasn't  a one room school house and I didn't walk five miles through two feet of snow barefoot to get there. I do remember my feeling about studying Solomon said in Ecclesiastes,  chapter one verse eighteen that much wisdom brings much grief. I have found at certain times in my life this is indeed true in fact, I find that the more I learn, the more I learn, how much more I have to learn!
  The government,  seems to be fond of learning, or at least fond of studying in 2010 Secretary of defense Robert Gates,  noticed  the pentagon, was constantly doing a lot of studying about a lot of different things but they weren't accomplishing very much and no one seemed to know how much all this studying cost so Secretary Gates commissioned his own study but it never got released it seems the Secretary,  was unable to determine the cost of all this commissioned government studying. Congress, stepped in to study the problem and they turned Secretary Gates study commission results over to the Government Accountability Office for further study but the OGA concluded that the Pentagons study on the cost of government study commissions was incomplete, keep in mind this whole thing started in 2010 when Defense  Secretary Gates wanted to study the over all cost of the Pentagons study projects to this day,  neither Congress, nor Secretary Gates nor the Government Accountability Office has ever determined  what it cost when the Pentagon conducts a study on the cost of various projects but don't worry,they are studying the problem even now and they are going to do another study on how to do a better study on the cost effectiveness of the Pentagons studying. Goodness, Solomon was right much wisdom or at least much government  studying brings much grief! as always, my friends these thoughts remain, just some words to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment