Monday, May 28, 2012

It's About The Children.

  I have to tell you something,  I get so tired of every serious and sacred holiday always being turned into a chance for some retailer somewhere  to make money. I guess we have come to expect this  to a certain extent Christmas,   has become  so commercial,  that it's true meaning is nearly lost all together and Easter,  is pretty much the same way.
  Take for example,  today's holiday Memorial Day,  or Decoration Day,  as it was originally called. This is a day that is supposed to be set aside to remember all those who gave their life fighting the Civil War and over the years we included honoring any brave soldier who gave their life in any war or cause or conflict defending freedom for this country. My question is do the children who enjoying their day off from school land  the opening of the city pool  and the unofficial  start of summer or the cook out and pool party in back yards everywhere across this country today no what the meaning of Memorial Day really is? I wonder if parents,  will take their children to a cemetery where brave men and women have fallen on the field of battle in the service of their county. I hope Americans,   don't just look at this day as a reason to get a new pool or a new piece of furniture or  a new mattress,  because some company is having some great sale somewhere.  I pray parents will share with their children that the reason we as Americans, have the freedom to enjoy time with family and friends is because many families across this nation lost their loved ones because  they made the ultimate  sacrifice and paid the ultimate price and gave their life fighting on a  battle field some where so that future generations,  could enjoy the freedom that we as Americans,  celebrate today,  and by the way,  if  you know a veteran and you should happen to see him today or any day don't forget to say thanks. As an American,  who is thankful for my my freedom  I say to all brave men and women everywhere both living and dead who  fought for this country so that I and many others,  could continue to live free thank you from the bottom of my heart and may God,  bless you all and may God,  bless America! as always my friends, these thoughts remain,  just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment