Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Six Commandments.


  I have heard on the news lately about a school in Virgina that is being sued by the ACLU for wanting to display the ten commandments. I found  Judge Michael Ubanski's proposed compromise rather interesting to say the least. He says their would be no problem displaying the ten commandments if you leave out the first four in other words, if you leave out any commandments that make any reference to God. This comes as no real surprise to me, for years now we have removed God from the classroom. There is still a movement among Atheist in America, to take the phase under God out of  this nation's Pledge of Allegiance and the phase In God We Trust. off of this country's currency.
  I guess, if Christians,  chose to follow Judge Ubanski's proposed compromise Christians,  would  sing God Bless Sixty Percent of America.Perhaps Christians should tear out any part of the Bible that makes any reference to God. I wonder how much of the Bible,  would be left? Perhaps Moses, should have told God he and the Hebrews, would only obey God sixty percent of the time.I wonder though  if they ever really came even that close. The truth may be that many Christians in this nation don't serve God even sixty percent of the time Maybe, that's at least one reason why America, finds her self in such a spiritual mess! I guess we could put the phase We Trust God,  Sixty Percent of the Time on America's currency. I guess, in a way it would almost make since because America's money only covers about sixty percent of America's needs and the other forty percent is borrowed from China or Japan. I wonder if America, continues to exclude God in her knowledge, do you suppose God will only judge sixty percent of this nation? Since God's rain falls on both the just and the unjust well, let's just say, I just kinda doubt it! As always, my friends these words remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment