Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Rewriting America's History.


  I have always enjoyed all kinds of history. I like to know and understand the origin of just about anything that I might have an interest in. I enjoy learning about the history of words, the history of last names, I even enjoy learning about the history behind a given song that I might hear on the radio. I would have to confess to you however, that I have a particular fondness for American history.
  When my wife who is from the Philippines, wanted to become an American citizen I remember going over very basic facts about America's history as well as the basic information concerning America's government and America's system of democracy in general. The questions were not very hard any eight grader should know the answers. Here are just some examples. Who was America's first President? What is significant about July fourth 1776? What were the names of the first thirteen colonies? What country did America, declare it's Independence from? What are the three parts to the US Constitution? What are the three branches of America's government? how many Senators make up America's Senate? How many Senators are in each of the fifty states? What do the stars and stripes on the American,  flag represent?
  As you can see these US  history questions are not that difficult to learn the answers to. I would call questions like these just basic US  History 101. Would you believe me if I told you, that my wife who is originally from the Philippines, knows more about American history than many students in our high schools and colleges today? I ask my self how this could be so and then I discover the answer is very simple many of our high schools and colleges in America, are no longer teaching these basic American,  history,  facts. Why? The answer to that question is also simple. Many teachers and professors in our high  schools, colleges, and universities are in affect attempting to rewrite America's history. Why? Again, the answer is simple, because many of our nations high schools teachers and profeesors are secularist and the seek to rewrite America's history by  denouncing America's Christian Heritage.The reason for this is to turn America,  into a secular nation that way it will be much easier for America to be in a sense desolved and become more like the secular nations of Europe, of course this will all be done under the gise of globle economic necessity. Keep in mind that many of today's college students will be running this county ten to fifteen years from now not to worry though, I recently head a college student on spring break say he didn;t know who the sixteenth President,  was and he didn't know what the first amendment of  the Constitution did for Americans, and he didn't even know what the three branches of America's government in fact, he didn't even know America, had three branches of government! He did however he did know the names of every person on the reality TV program Jersey Shore, it's nice to know, America's future, is so secure! As always my friends, these thoughts remain just some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment