Thursday, July 28, 2011

Is The Grass Always Greener?

  I suppose, it's not a new desire,  to wish certain things in your life could be better. We all want to have the financial means  to provide the best lives possible  for the   families we love. I am no different. Yet, I find ,  as many parents do,  there are time when I must tell my daughter no. Believe it or not,  there are times when I have to tell my daughter," I'm sorry , but daddy can't afford to buy you this toy right now." I hate it when I have to break my daughters heart,  and tell  her no,   you can't have that toy because,  we just can't afford it. period! I am discovering however, as,  I'm sure many other parents have,  sometimes,  you have to say no to the  things  you might like to have, so  you can make sure,  you have the financial means for the things you must have  for your families well being and economic survival. The most important thing I'm learning as a parent is sometimes,  it shows a deeper love for your children,  when you as a parent,   find the strength to say no to your children. As all wise parents know, it is not good to give your children everything they could wish or ask for. When as parents,  you restrain your self,  and say no to some of the things your children ask for  you teach your children to value and appreciate the things they do have. Therefore, as parents learning to say no to our children sometimes demonstrates a tougher, but greater love for them
  You may find this hard to believe, but there are times when I see people who are supposed to be adults behave like children. America is facing some tough economic times right now. Therefore, if  you have a full time job,  and your bills are being met, and your families basic needs are being provided  for  quit complaining because it's not the job you wish you had. If, you have a sufficient house to live in, and you can make your mortgage  payments, don't gripe,  because your house is not as fancy your neighbors down the street. In life,  I am learning,  nothing is so  good,  that  it couldn't be better, but nothing is so bad,   that  it could't be worse!
  I came across  some great advice recently,  and as I do sometimes, I composed a poem.I  ask your indulgence, as I now share this poem with you.
  I was so depressed, I had the blues. It seems I was too poor to buy new shoes.  I was so sad, I felt incomplete, I then,  met a man,  who had no feet. The lesson this poem teaches is not new. The  words however, bring forth a real truth. Finally, consider this, if  the  grass is greener  on the other side of your neighbors fence,  don't worry, your neighbor's water bill is higher than yours! as always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just some words to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment