Monday, July 25, 2011

America What Path W[ll You Leave for the Next Generation To Follow?

  A few Winters ago, I was walking with my little Girl in the snow. I was concerned that she might slip and fall,  the truth was,  I was afraid that, I might slip and fall but,  I didn't want her to know that, so I told her,  stay right behind me. I whispered to her,   daddy doesn't want you to slip, then my daughter said this, I won't slip daddy,  I'm walking in the path your foot prints have already made.
  I wonder what path will Americans leave for our children and grand children to follow?   I am sure of this, future generations will follow in the foot prints of the most predominant path. American culture seems so caught up in living just for the here and now. I have to say to you,  sometimes I really wonder how much longer America will exist. There are those who give America less than twenty years if,  she remains on the path of economic greed and self  absorption.There is another path.  Americans could choose to be self sacrificing, and  choose to endure some tough times now,  for the sake of a better America in the future, or America can  remain on it's present path of self indulgence and destruction.. America remember, all that is necessary for evil to conquer is for good men to do nothing. I haven't seen many men willing to do what is necessary to insure America's future existence lately, I have noticed however, plenty,  who are more than willing to do nothing. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised after all, doing nothing is the easiest path to take. Should America choose to do what is necessary,  that path will be harder,  but, it will insure America's future existence for future generations.
  I wonder, if America has the courage,  and the strength of will, to take the harder path. The choice is yours to make America , what path will your footprints make for future generations to follow? As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just some words to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment