Sunday, July 10, 2011

Are Americas Greatest Days Behind Her?

  Now that the space program is coming to a close some are beginning to wonder if Americas greatness is a thing of the past. I have to say I really don't know the answer to that question. It seems to me you have to try to figure out what made America so great in the first place. Certainly one of the things that has made America so great was a true realization that all men should be free. Now, what do I mean by free? I mean simply this free to dream.
  It has been said that if a man or woman has a dream, America still is the greatest place to accomplish that dream. I still believe this to be true. Fifty years ago space travel  was just a dream.The idea of going to the moon certainly seemed impossible but, President Kennedy told  NASA that he wanted America there ahead of the Russians by the end of the sixties. Then in July of 1969 Neil Armstrong did the first moon walk long before Michael Jackson ever thought about it!.
  Are Americas best days behind her? I believe that as long as America still has the freedom to dream and dares to try and has the freedom to fail and try again, then there is still no limit to what America may yet accomplish. I pray this will always be able to be said about America. as always these are words to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment