Saturday, December 3, 2011

Plan B

  By now you have no doubt seen the news and you know that Herman Cain is now a former Republican candidate for President. As I  watched the news I thought to my self, how sad it is that a man who had once shown so much political promise must now step aside and basically,  cheer from the sidelines for whoever does finally,  receive the Republican nomination for President. I ask my self one question. Where did Herman Cain  go wrong?  Herman Cain may,  be guilty of nothing more than poor judgement.. I confess to you however I am surprised that a man so full of self determination, a man who has ran  several businesses, a man who has  had  the love and support of  a good wife who was there by his side and helped him survive  stage four colon cancer could be so weak in personal judgement. Here is what I mean, I was surprised when I heard on the news, that Mrs. Cain knew nothing about Ginger White even though Herman Cain says he was just a friend to her and helped her financially from time to time over the years. Even if you believe Herman Cain did nothing of a sexual nature with Miss White, I still have to wonder why does a married man have a woman who is a friend of  his who he has given  financial help to many times over a thirteen year period if we are to believe anything Miss White,  has said, and in all that time never mention it to his wife? What's up with that?
  Look, I've been married for  twelve years now. I do not claim to know everything about what makes for a good marriage. I do know this however, when your married to someone if there is anything you have not told your spouse for what ever reason, then I have to say,  "Houston, we have a problem. I can only speak for myself  but, I can tell you, my wife knows all of my friends both male and female and you better believe, if  I was inclined to give any amount of money to any of of my friends, for any reason, I know my wife well enough to know, she would want to know about it especially if it was a woman. Now, your going to tell me that a man like Herman Cain,  can be married to  the same  woman for forty three years and yet, not know her well enough  to know,  that it would be more than a good idea,  for her to be consulted , before he decides to hand out money to some woman Mrs. Cain did not even  know about?  I have to wonder what was Herman Cain thinking? Maybe that is the answer to my question for he obviously wasn't thinking, so I am left to conclude,  even a very smart man in business can still make  serious errors  in personal  judgement. I then am  left  to wonder if  he would have exercised such poor judgment if  he  would have become President
  Finally,  let me say this to all who are either in or are  about to enter  into  a married relationship, When you get married your spouse is to be your closest and dearest friend on this earth and beyond that, they only other friend you need is the one we have in Jesus. Herman Cain should have remembered that. When I think of the great things Herman Cain might have been able to do for the country, these words from Shakespeare come to mind, " Of all the words, of  tongue or pen, the saddest are these,  it might have been."  As always my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment