Saturday, December 17, 2011

Good Old School Days? Forget It!

  I will admit to you,   it's been a few years since my high school days. I will also tell you that I spent my high school years in a private Christian school. I am blessed to be able now, to send my daughter to a private Christian school as well. I have noticed,  that  state school  vouchers, are becoming more and more popular in state after state. I believe I may know the reason why.
  Recently, on the news I saw a report,  where a high school fight was captured on You Tube. I was somewhat  surprised,  when I saw one of the teachers,  just standing there,  with his hands in his pockets,  just watching the fight. I think the teacher could have and should have done something. He certainly could have done more than just stand there and watch. Perhaps,  he was afraid, that if  he had stepped in to try to break up the fight he could be sued by the parents for putting his hands on the students, a valid concern I suppose but,  if  a student should get beat to death,  while he stands there just watching,  he could and most certainly should be sued anyway!  Look,  at the recent news stories on high schools  that are  killing  students,  because of the practice of  hazing.
  There is something very wrong in this country,  when on one hand, students in a public high school,  can be suspended,  if  they stop and kneel to pray in a hallway,  to pay tribute to a great American,  like Tim Tebow, yet,  these same students,  could have had a fight in that  same hallway,  and for all the parents of those students know, the teachers may just stand there and watch,  while it gets captured forever on You Tube. You may be asking your self,  what happened to those good old school days? Well, in 1962 this country decided,  we didn't need God,  in any form or fashion in the public school system. Teachers,  certainly can't put there hands on a student in anyway so that old adage of  if you get a whipping at school your going to get one when you get home isn't in practice as much anymore. I will tell you it sure was in my parents home and I knew it and I  made it a point to stay out of trouble. Liberal organizations like the Parent Teachers Association and the teachers union in general, will tell you everyday about the great strides they are making in public education. When parents can't send their children to a public school and be absolutely sure,  they will come home in one piece well, let's just say, that's a far cry from the days when my parents went to school and frankly, I really don't think the public school system has progressed very far at all. The days of public schools being like school days, school days, dear old golden rule days are long gone, now,  it seems there may be no rules at all. as always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment