Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Incompetence Is Color Blind.

  When you are born with a birth defect and as a result grow up to be someone that must cope with a handicap,  it doesn't take very long at all,  before you soon realize,  you are different from many others. I found as I was growing up , not only did I have to deal with the way I walked and all the things I could not do, I also had to deal with others perception of me,  and how I was treated because of  my handicap. My father,  gave me some great advice that I still live by. He said this "Son, it's no secret your different than some, and because of  your handicap you will be rejected or pitied by many.'You must live your life in such a way and turn that around. When I asked him how I could do this , he said this, Work harder than most at anything you do,  ask for no favors from any one while your doing it. Then, he said this,  "Should you find you need help don't be too proud to ask for it, but,  if  you don't need help prove it! I set out that day, to do just that. My first real job was a bag boy at a local grocery store. the hours were long and I had  to wear special shoes, but,  I never complained even when some of  my coworkers said 'Isn't it  nice,  they let people like him work here.' They weren't saying that at the end of the summer when the stores customers from all seven stores voted for me as the grocery  stores,  best bag boy  Because of   top rate  customer service. I received a big raise and a partial scholarship for college. Though I knew, there would always be those, who felt I won the prize because of my handicap I knew better and so did the stores top management.
  Today, I hear on the news that Attorney General Eric Holder, blames racism for the call by many in the House ninety six I believe, that suggest, Attorney  Holder should resign,  because of  the irresponsible way the gun  operation Fast and Furious was handled or not handled  as the case may be. Let me say this right now, as a person who has experienced discrimination at various times in my life, I despise racial discrimination on any level and there is no  excuse for it! I will also say this however,  no one should be allowed to remain in a job just because of their ethnic origin,  social class, or financial status,  Attorney Holder,  should be judged on the merits of his job performance alone his race or gender or personal faith and beliefs, should not be a factor in the decision  regarding if  he should resign or not. Should evidence find Attorney Holder,  to be incompetent in the the performance of  his job regarding the gun operation Fast and Furious than I would say this to Attorney Holder incompetence is color blind and one's race has nothing to do with that. as always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment