Thursday, December 8, 2011

My Fair Share

We hear a lot of  talk these days from President Obama,  and heaven knows he loves to talk. His latest lecture to the American people is that the rich must pay their fair share. The President fails to mention that the American taxpayers, are already paying there fair share. Let's see, the American taxpayer coughed up 535 million dollars for the solar company Solyndra, and then it went bankrupt. The President has had this country on some type of unemployment for going on three years now. He is now begging Congress, to extend unemployment benefits for another year.The President took 887 billion dollar in taxpayer stimulus money in 2009 and promised the American   people that the nations unemployment rate would  not go above eight percent.  The unemployment rate stayed at nine percent or better for a 122 weeks in a row that's why last week when the unemployment rate finally went down to eight point sis percent, I suppose the President, thought he could now afford to go on a two and a half week vacation in Hawaii. which is also paid by  American tax payer.The country of Greece and most of  Europe, is begging the United States to bail them out and some have suggested, that the United States may pony up as much as two trillion dollars, which if done, will  no doubt be borrowed from China if this type  of deal goes through  and our President wants the rich to pay their fair share? I wonder where the President thinks money  for small  business investment comes from?
  I think that the American people may feel that they are already paying their fair share, I know I do just this morning,  I found out my county assessor, had increased the value of  the lot of  land my house sits on to three times what it was from last year that should do wonders for my wallet when I have to pay my new property taxes. I also took my daughter to the dentist and he told my wife in about two to three years our daughter will need braces that will cost around five thousand dollars. the next time someone from our local Democratic head quarters calls and ask if I'd like to make a contribution to help reelect President Obama,  I think I'll just say no first because I'm a Republican Reagan conservative,  so you shouldn't have called me in the first place, and secondly, no because,  I'm already paying my fair share and I don't want to pay anymore. I just bet a great deal of the American people feel the same way. As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment