Friday, December 9, 2011

Our Government Is Ran With Steve Martin Efficiency

Do your remember watching comedian Steve Martin around 1978 on Saturday Night Live? He had this great routine,  someone would ask him a question and if he didn't have an answer, he would simply say, I forgot! Well, that was really funny back then, but lets try and apply this routine  to various leaders in our government today. Let's begin,  Governor Corzine, what happened  to the  one point two million dollars of  transferred funds at MF Global? 'Well, sir to tell you the truth, I simply don't know what happened because I FORGOT!  Let's try another one. Attorney General Holder,  when did you first hear about the Guns operation? Fast and Furious? 'I can't be expected to know about every investigation going on in my office and and regarding when I first heard a bout operation Fast and Furious I FORGOT! Wow! This is fun, lets ask some else a question. Steven Chu, can you tell the American people where 235 million dollars in a  guaranteed  government went and why the Solar company went bankrupt, and when did you become aware of Sollynda's serious financial condition?' I don't really know when I was made aware of  Solyndra's financial problems because I FORGOT!
  Hey maybe, I should try this, maybe next month I won't make my house payment, or my credit  card payments or utility bills and then when  they call me about a month later and ask why I didn't make my payments, I can say, I simply don't know what came over me but I FORGOT! I'm sure,  they will understand right? As always my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment