Tuesday, December 6, 2011

America Is Still The Land Of The Second Chance

  Like most of us, I've made some mistakes in my life.I am able to say,  I've never done anything that would be considered illegal but I certainly have done things in my life that I wish I hadn't and have lived long enough to regret many of my mistakes and learn from them. One of the things I love most about America is that most of the American people are very forgiving. America is the land of second chances.
  I heard on the news yesterday that former Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi, now says,  she has some dirt on former House speaker Newt Gingrich. information she acquired when Speak Gingrich was under investigation for House ethics violations. These  same violations  forced the Speaker to resign on November 5, 1998  just three days after being elected for an eleventh term.Speaker Gingrich payed a 300, 000 dollar fine and that along with his resignation saved the Speaker from further proceedings.
  Now Newt Gingrich is back as a  Republican Presidential nominee all he's asking for is for the American people to give him a second chance. One thing I do know is I don't need any lectures from Nancy Pelosi on House ethics. Remember how she was going to drain the political swamp of all corruption? Well while she was busy draining the corrupt political swamp,  former House Charmin of the Ways and Means Committee Charlie Rangel, was found swimming in it.  Charlie Rangel,  was convicted on eleven out thirteen counts brought against him. for various corrupt tax practices and yet he was not pressured to resign as former Speaker Gingrich had been.
  Former President, Bill Clinton,  was impeached by the House,  for his all to public affair in the Oval Office with White House intern,  Monica Lewinsky. The Senate thought however,  that the President's conduct in his personal life did not mean he wasn't a good President  looks like President Clinton,  got his second chance.
  Look,  even if you don't like Newt Gingrich,  the man has paid his dues and Americans always like people who learn from their mistakes and make a comeback and I think Newt Gingrich has learned from his mistakes and deserves a second chance and I just have a feeling that the American people, just might be willing, to give it to him. As always my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment