Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thank Heavens, Men And Women Are Indeed, Different.

    I recently heard a woman in my neighborhood, make what I hope was just a joke about her husband and men in general, she was talking to another woman in our neighborhood and she said, the following;"I really don't expect much from my husband , after all,  he's just a man, and men  aren't worth much but they have their uses I guess, their handy, if you need a tire changed or a  tough jar opened or maybe a lawn mowed.' As I said, I hope that woman, from my neighborhood was joking because,  if she wasn't,  I wouldn't be surprised one day if I heard that her and her husband had gotten a divorce.
    Look, I will be the first to admit, that women are often ignored, taken for granted, and often treated like something to be  owned instead  of a person to be cherished and honored by their husbands. As A Christian I think sometimes,  even Christian husbands, think that asking a wife to be submissive to them means that she becomes nothing more than an ever willing slave whose sole purpose in life is to carry out every whim of  his will,  and nothing could be farther from the truth. Ladies, I want you to know that I realize the seventies totally happened, your fully liberated you are indeed,  woman and I have heard your roar and I think you have a point  let me assure you  again,  I hear you. Today, however,  I must admit,  I think the pendulum, has swung too much the other way here is what I mean. I totally appreciate the fact that a woman can and  often does,  work just as hard if not harder than any man. I can admire a woman who can get her hands dirty in the garden or on the farm or any place where the situation or occasion may require it. On the other hand, I don't think  most men,  want women to be so much like a man that often they can't tell the difference. Ladies,  I have to tell you this, I didn't marry my wife because I thought of her as just one of the boys and ladies,  once in a while,  a man needs to feel like he needs to take care of you even if you know your perfectly capable of taking care of yourself because,  that's what makes him feel that he is a man.  By the way bachelors,  let me go out on a limb and say this, when your  dating,  what you consider to be a a very fine and lovely young lady if your not prepared to pick up the check when you ask her out, GET A REAL LIFE AND GET A REAL JOB!Above  all single guys,  remember this,  if your any kind of decent then you should know that all she really owes you after the date is a heart felt thank you if she had a good time. If you expected more than that, then as a man your far from decent because you have confused your date with a prostitute.
    I have been married for thirteen years, and I am just a plain and simple man but if seems to me that a marriage or any relationship on any level should all be based on one key principal it's called mutual respect. Yeah that's right sing it,  Aretha Franklin, R E S P E C T. From a Christian perspective, Paul, puts it this way in Philippians, 2:3 "Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory, but in lowliness of mind. Let each esteem other better than themselves. Christian men,  if you try to consider your wife's needs before your own I guarantees you,  yours,  will be met because your wife will be more than happy to meet them. You see Christian husband,  the art of submission is a two way street, if you would have your wife submit to you then you,   must submit to her and show her you respect her as a person you realize,  she has worth and opinions you need to value,  this will show her you understand her needs and she in turn,  will trust you and a wife has no problem submitting to a husband she feels appreciates her and understands what her needs are.Wives,  just once in a while,  boaster your husband's ego and go ahead  and let him be the man and provide and at least on some level,  attempt,  to to take care of you. It's okay ladies,  for you to admit that you need your husband,  for a whole lot more than a stubborn jar lid or a tire change or a well keep lawn. The truth is,  both men and women  are  different and personally,  I thank God,  for that difference if Christian husbands and wives,  both submit their will to God, they will have no problem submitting to each other As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment