Thursday, November 8, 2012

Choices, Have Consequences.

    Isn't strange how as a parent, you can find your self saying something to your children and then suddenly, you realize you sound just like your parents in spite of the fact you once promised your self you would never lecture your children the way your parents lectured you. I recently found my self telling my daughter Cassandra, that choices have consequences. I then had a mind flash back and remembered that my dad used to say the same thing to me when I was growing up. My daughter pleaded with me one night to let her stay up an extra half hour to watch some program that her precious life just depended  on. Against my better judgement I let her stay up. The next morning, I couldn't;t get her out of bed even if my life depended on it! The lesson here is two fold her choice was to stay up an extra half hour and as the parent my choice was to let her. The consequences are also two fold Cassandra, was sleepy,  grouchy,  and grumpy, the next morning and I had to endure the headache all her commotion gave me,  proving to both Cassandra,  and I that what my father had once told me still held true choices have consequences.
    America,  must now live withe the choice they made by choosing to elect Barack Obama for another four years. This seems unfair if only because forty nine percent of the country did not make this choice yet they too will have to suffer the consequences made my the majority be cause that's the way American democracy works. Though I cannot tell you exactly, what the consequences will be or when they will go into affect, I can assure you, that indeed there will be consequences.Here are some consequences, I am reasonably sure Americans can expect. First, higher taxes because the Bush, tax cuts will be allowed to expire and Obama,  care,  will require tax increases on the wealthy and the middle class to pay for it not that a liberal democrat ever needs a reason to raise taxes. Secondly, I think in a very short time Americans,  can expect higher interest rates to try to off set the deficient the nation's outstanding debt will eventually require this. Third,  I believe the nation;s military will be down sized but the Obama administration will call this reorganization or stream lining. Fourth,  America's national security will be seriously affected. and  Though I believe their will be investigations conducted, I believe the real truth will never be known about the tragedy of Benghazi, look  how long we have waited on the truth behind Fast and Furious and the American people,  are still waiting along with the Terry family. Finally, the nation's debt will continue to sky rocket and I fully expect to see the debt soar to at least 22 trillion dollars by the end of Obama's second term. I wish I could share better expectations but all I can say to the American people,  is the same thing my father said to me and I then said to my daughter, choices have consequences. As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just some words, to think on.

1 comment:

  1. Once again, thought provoking words. I know that change is inevitable and, me being me, I hope to be one who can bring hope to the table whatever happens. Good work... your little one is fortunate to have you.

    ReplyDelete