Wednesday, January 30, 2013

So What's The Difference?

    I am told that even identical twins still have basic individual differences which still makes them unique in their own right.Lately, I have noticed something of a troubling trend between the two main political parties in this country.The Republicans and the Democrats, are beginning to think and act so much alike at times it's hard to tell the difference between America's two  political parties. I am well aware that the Republican Party lost the last election and I am aware that one the reasons the Republican  Party,  may have lost the last election is because of the open arms attitude the Democrats,  seem to display especially regarding the 11 million illegal aliens in this nation and the Democrats,  would like nothing better than to use any means necessary to assure that the majority of these illegal aliens vote for them in an attempt at least,  to permanently tip the majority of America's voting population in their favor.
    While I realize that the Republicans, must find a way to appeal to the Latinos in this country and a more reasonable or realistic policy on immigration might be a good first step to do this, One wonder's just how far the Republican Party,  may have to go as far as making realistic compromises on immigration is concerned. I realize that America, is a nation of immigrates and I know what the phase E pluribus unum, on the Lincoln penny as well as the Seal of the United States mean, out of many one, and I know the Statue Of Liberty, Says give me your tired you poor, your huddled masses  longing to breathe free. I don't mind if poor immigrates from other countries huddle here as long as they do it legally.I don't mind giving the illegal aliens a path to citizenship but their path should not be shorter than all the immigrates who who are in line waiting right now who came to this country through the legal process! I should mention, that I know that the term illegal aliens, is frowned on these days and is not considered to be  politically correct to those of the liberal point of view.  I've  never considered my self to be politically correct and I'm not about to start trying to be now. As far as liberal thinking, is concerned using the words liberal and thinking together in the same sentence is intellectually generous to say the least.
    My wife Priscilla, is from the Philippines, and it took eight years and a lot of money in form filling  fees to complete our present legal immigration process. Therefore,  I am left to wonder why the path to American citizenship should be shorter for those who came here legally this whole concept, is  alien  in nature especially,  when it comes to dealing with illegal ones,  but that's just me.My real point is simply this,if Republicans,  become so much like the Democrats politically speaking, that one can no longer tell them apart then perhaps eventually the only thing left for  one to do  will be to register as  an independent As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment